A lot of adoptions since 2020!
Thank you for considering adoption! PAWS of Chinook takes adoption very seriously and holds strict standards for all applicants. Below are the steps to adopt!
1. Submit an application found right here on our website - please note that incomplete applications will not be processed.
2. After receiving your application, our team will review and check references. If we have questions or need clarity we will reach out to you using the email address you provided on your application. Please keep these lines of communication open as applications will be cancelled if responses are not received in a timely manner.
3. Once approved, we invite you and all members of your household to the shelter to meet the dog you have applied for. This is an important part of the process as observation is the key to determining if you are a fit for this dog, and if this dog is a fit for you!
4. If the dog you have chosen has already been altered, we will collect your adoption fee at this time and complete necessary paperwork. Congratulations! Your adoption is complete!
5. If the dog you have chosen is not yet altered, a spay/neuter deposit with paperwork is required. This deposit will be returned to you upon your pets completed sterilization. For more information or questions on this, please reach out to us.